The Nike Plus Kinect Training game I mentioned in The Best Video Games of Holiday Season 2012 which will be released on 10/30/2012 is available for Pre-order from the Microsoft Store now and you get a $10 coupon plus free Xbox LIVE 1600 points (a $20 value). This is a significant deal on this game and one that looks to maximize the capabilities of the Kinect.
[via Microsoft Store]
When the weather starts to turn from hot and humid to the cooler fall the first thing that comes to mind is the major releases of console video games. The holiday season has aligned major publishers to start releasing great titles from September through November. With that said I’ve created a collection of the major video game releases for this fall and the Holiday season of 2012. Hopefully you’ll find a great Birthday present or Christmas gift for that special gamer in your life! The best video games of 2012 will be:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Release on 11/13/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Halo 4 – Release on 11/6/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Release on 10/9/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop
- Madden NFL 13 – Release on 8/28/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Assassin’s Creed III– Release on 10/30/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Nike + Kinect Training – Release on 10/30/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- FIFA Soccer 13 – Release on 9/25/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- LEGO Lord of the Rings – Release on 10/30/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter – Release on 10/23/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Borderlands 2 – Release on 9/18/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Far Cry 3 – Release on 12/4/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
- Hitman: Absolution – Release on 11/20/2012 available from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy
Don’t forget to check out the different places I’ve highlighted for deals. Remember that Amazon has the Pre-order price guarantee and normally provides shipping to support release day arrival. GameStop allows for pick up in store with their Pickup@Store program and they also have a Pre-order price guarantee. Best Buy allows for in store pickup and has their Reward Zone program if you’re a frequent shopper at this Big Box store.
Incoming search terms:holiday 2012 video games, video games holiday 2012, 2012 holiday video games, cod black ops 2 cover
Yesterday we poked a bit of fun at Admented Reality and it’s annoyances. It is a very delicate balance to achieve a great commercial that reaches the audience and ultimately generates revenue. We’ve also seen that it can be an effective medium to motivate and inspire with Chrysler’s The American Half-Time. I felt inspired and yet knew what the commercial was trying to accomplish and not only did I not shift my attention to something else I spread the commercial and helped its viral spread by writing about it.
I think this form of commercial or advertisement might create the realm of Inspirtisement; a half inspiration, half advertisement beast. Either way I found this commercial hit home, had a great balance, and caused me to do more.
A quick note on the filmmaker, Casey Neistat, he was supposedly given a budget from Nike to create a Fuelband commercial. Instead he turned around and utilized the money on a ten day, around the world adventure. Does all of this wrap up under production costs? Did Nike get what they wanted? What do you think of it?