One of the important things in the Information Technology field is the ability to not only understand the technology itself but to be able to expertly navigate the human network. With that said we’re taking a look at the Best of the Best in Professional Cyber Security Organizations and Conferences:
USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association:
- Fosters technical excellence and innovation
- Supports and disseminates research with a practical bias
- Provides a neutral forum for discussion of technical issues
- Encourages computing outreach into the community at large
USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC ’12) is their main conference. USENIX ATC ’12 will take place June 12–15, 2012 in Boston.
IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E”, stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
- essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and be universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy is their main Cyber Security conference. IEEE SEC & PRI will take place May 20-23, 2012 in San Francisco.
ISOC, Internet Society, founded by Vint Cerf:
- world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development.
- More than simply advancing technology, they work to ensure the Internet continues to grow and evolve as a platform for innovation, economic development, and social progress for people around the world.
Network & distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS) occured on February 5-8, 2012 in San Diego.
ACM, Association for Computing Machinery:
- widely recognized as the premier membership organization for computing professionals, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession
- enables professional development
- promote policies and research that benefit society.
ACM Computer and Communications Security (ACM CSS) Conference will occur on October 16-18, 2012 in Raleigh.
[via David Brumley]
A Cyber Fellow's Most Popular:
Incoming search terms:association for cyber security professionals, cyber tier 1 steps, cyber tiers, cyber- tier, professional cyber security organizations, professional orginzation for cyber security, tier one conference
Enjoying this? Buy me a drink!
- Happy Independence Day! Educational Entertainment Recommendation - John Adams [Inspiration]
- Songs - Call Me Maybe, Wild Ones, Red Solo Cup and more $0.25 [Deals]
- A Cyber Fellow’s First 1,000 Unique Visitors Day! [Inspiration]
- Home Automation with Belkin WeMo [Gadgets]
- Max Payne 3 $39.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 [Deals]
- The Movie Act of Valor (2012) [Inspiration]
- Digital Government: Building a 21st Century Platform to Better Serve the American People [Strategy]
- New Tablet called Surface by Microsoft [Gadgets]
- Life is What Happens [Inspiration]
- Kinect Sports - Xbox 360 $4.99 [Deals]
Recent Search Terms
Tags5200.01 Acquisition Apple Big Ideas Blu-ray Books Budget CIO Classification Cyber Cybersecurity Cyber Warfare Deals Declassification Department of Defense DoD education energy gadgets Geek geekery Information Security Information Technology inspiration Mentorship Microsoft Military music national cyber security. national cybersecurity Navy PS3 star wars Strategy tablet Technology U.S. U.S. Government U.S. Military U.S. Navy United States United States Navy US wireless Xbox Xbox 360