I bet you are wondering “how do you get rid of trending videos on Facebook?” or even “how do you get rid of trending articles on Facebook?”
There is a way to Block or Remove Trending Videos or Block Trending Articles by managing the Applications that are causing this foolish nonsense (and compromising your privacy) simple “hack” and work around in 3 easy steps. This way you’ll be able to block, hide or get rid of trending videos or trending articles on Facebook Feed for good. SocialCam, Viddy, and other services like this merely are trying to broaden your Privacy profile and expose more of your personal information in varying degrees or steps. Their end goal is “Humanity’s Loss of Privacy.”
If you want to keep these applications but just want the Trending Articles or Trending Videos to dissapear from your Facebook feed see my method to use software on How to Remove Trending Articles from Facebook in 3 Easy Steps.
- Click “Privacy Settings” in the upper right corner.
- Click “Manage Blocking” (located to the bottom on the right of “Blocked People and Apps”)
- Type the name of the video app (Socialcam, Viddy, etc), and hit the Enter key. Repeat this for all the video and article services Trending Videos and Trending Articles use, and they will have nothing to show. Hint - if you really want that stuff you can still see it without installing the app…simply search for the name of the item in your favorite search engine. No need to expose your private information to an application that merely takes you to a video right?
If you can do more - Please help me as I raise money for St. Judes and run in the 2012 Marine Corps Marathon For Taylor (an 18 month old little girl with aggressive cancer).
Incoming search terms:trending videos on facebook, facebook trending videos, NULL, trending videos facebook, how to block videos on facebook, trending videos facebook remove, facebook trending articles turn off, trending videos on facebook remove, block trending videos on facebook, yhs-fullyhosted_003, how do you get rid of trending on facebook, trending videos
I found this little nugget of awesomeness on an individuals Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) page who I spoke with this morning, it’s the Game Of Thrones Theme on Eight Floppy Disk Drives.
Nothing like combining a great series and its music with some retro geekery via the use of Floppy discs as instruments. As you know I talked about picking this up on Blu-ray as an awesome deal; you can still get it for a bit more. There is also the soundtrack from Amazon, download Season 1 in HD to iTunes that is available for download or physical media!
Quite impressive what creative individuals are able to accomplish!
I bet you are wondering “how do you get rid of trending articles on Facebook?”
Currently Facebook does not allow you to remove the recently added Trending Articles snipet they quietly snuck into your News feed. We’ll there isn’t a Facebook method to remove it yet so rip it out of there with this simple “hack” and work around in 3 easy steps. This way you’ll be able to hide or get rid of trending articles on Facebook Feed for good.
If you don’t want to install any software check out my other article on How to Remove Trending Videos from Facebook in 3 Easy Steps.
- Install the popular browser add-on Stylish, and we will use it to remove the “Trending Articles” section from the Facebook News feed. If you are using Firefox then Install Stylish For Firefox from the official Add-On gallery. Chrome user can Install Stylish For Chrome from the Chrome web store.
- Now go to userstyles.org page and install “Facebook Remove Trending Articles” user-style script with your Stylish Add-on.
- You are done. Now whenever you will go to your Facebook account, you will not see the “Trending Articles” section in your News Feed.
Enjoy your Trending Articles free Facebook! Please share this and go viral against Facebook!