How do you mitigate the risk to your Information Technology supply chain? At what level is it being addressed and assessed (CTO, CIO, COO, CBO, CEO)? How are you assured that the keyboard, mouse, cables, PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, and their sub-components and then their software are trustworthy? It’s not simply fake Military parts from China or other countries it is a much larger problem then that.
You’d have no idea this was happening to you because we’re usually the one operating as the user. And users often have some reason to balk at the time it takes to provide new equipment or allow a new piece of software. Now the Security and Acquisition folks have plenty to apologize for but you may want to cut the a bit of slack. It is a very difficult task, challenging environment, and is very rarely rewarded with anything but negative reviews and comments when things go alright or much worse if things go wrong.
With all that said if you were in there shoes in this SH-60 case how would you handle it? What would you do to prevent something like this in a global capitalist economy and supply chain? And what would you do in the current environment where resources are very sparse?
[via The White House]
Update (22 MAY 2012) - Review the U.S. Senate Armed Service Committees’ report on the Inquiry into Counterfeit Electronic Parts in the Department of Defense Supply Chain (21MAY2012).
A Cyber Fellow's Most Popular:
Incoming search terms:national strategy for global supply chain security, global supply chain security and counterfeits, global supply chain security cyber
No related posts.
Enjoying this? Buy me a drink!
- Max Payne 3 $39.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 [Deals]
- The Movie Act of Valor (2012) [Inspiration]
- Digital Government: Building a 21st Century Platform to Better Serve the American People [Strategy]
- New Tablet called Surface by Microsoft [Gadgets]
- Life is What Happens [Inspiration]
- Kinect Sports - Xbox 360 $4.99 [Deals]
- 2011 Generation Macbook Pro Discounts [Deals]
- 2011 Generation Macbook Air Discounts 13″ - $881.17 11″ - $803.45 [Deals]
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection $26.49 (Blu-ray) [Deals]
- Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy or Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) $24 [Deals]
Recent Search Terms
Tags5200.01 Acquisition Apple Big Ideas Blu-ray Books Budget CIO Classification Cyber Cybersecurity Cyber Warfare Deals Declassification Department of Defense DoD education energy gadgets Geek geekery Information Security Information Technology inspiration Mentorship Microsoft Military music national cyber security. national cybersecurity Navy PS3 star wars Strategy tablet Technology U.S. U.S. Government U.S. Military U.S. Navy United States United States Navy US wireless Xbox Xbox 360