Active remote sensing is the principal tool used to study and to predict short- and long-term changes in the environment of Earth - the atmosphere, the oceans and the land surfaces - as well as the near space environment of Earth. All of these measurements are essential to understanding terrestrial weather, climate change, space weather hazards, and threats from asteroids. Active remote sensing measurements are of inestimable benefit to society, as we pursue the development of a technological civilization that is economically viable, and seek to maintain the quality of our life. A Strategy for Active Remote Sensing Amid Increased Demand for Spectrum describes the threats, both current and future, to the effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum required for active remote sensing. This report offers specific recommendations for protecting and making effective use of the spectrum required for active remote sensing.
Incoming search terms:StrategyArchives-ACyberFellow
The Department of Defense has released its 2015 DoD Cyber Strategy in April. It is important to understand where the 2015 DoD Cyber Strategy fits in the National Strategy for Cyberspace. So the 2015 DoD Cyber Strategy sets out the goals the Department of Defense has been tasked to achieve in support of the National Military Strategy and National Strategy for Cyberspace.
The 2015 DoD Cyber Strategy sets five strategic goals for its cyberspace missions:
1. Build and maintain ready forces and capabilities to conduct cyberspace operations;
2. Defend the DoD information network, secure DoD data, and mitigate risks to DoD missions;
3. Be prepared to defend the U.S. homeland and U.S. vital interests from disruptive or destructive cyberattacks of significant consequence;
4. Build and maintain viable cyber options and plan to use those options to control conflict escalation and to shape the conflict environment at all stages;
5. Build and maintain robust international alliances and partnerships to deter shared threats and increase international security and stability.
This is the McAfee Threats Report February 2015 for review. It highlights the massive mobile vulnerabilities that remain due to the SSL vulnerabilities.
About McAfee Labs McAfee Labs is one of the world’s leading sources for threat research, threat intelligence, and cybersecurity thought leadership. With data from millions of sensors across key threats vectors—file, web, message, and network—McAfee Labs delivers real-time threat intelligence, critical analysis, and expert thinking to improve protection and reduce risks.