If you’re like me you’re looking to make things a bit easier at home but at the same time make utility costs lower while not breaking the bank to do it. Enter the Belkin WeMo into the home automation arena. The WeMo Switch ($50) provides the ability to activate lights or any electronic device to turn on or off on a schedule it provides what we immediately expect from a simple device. But the Belkin WeMo goes further. It has the capability of motion sensing, WeMo Switch + Motion ($100), which will activate desired devices and lights as a family member enters a room and transitions through the others (with multiple WeMos). Obviously this is most immediately applicable to lighting applications or even area fans to cool down a house but you could use it to kill off vampire power devices (the power plugs and other items that simply consume power when not in use yet plugged in).
If you don’t desire to place these items on a set schedule you can have full control over them via the iOS application which allows you to remotely turn WeMo’d devices on or off from your iPhone or iPad. This network ability then provides some additional features with IFTTT (If This Then That). This allows for notification via email when the motion sensing capability of WeMo is activated with something like a front door light or even the IFTTT Weather Channel interaction to determine sunset/sunrise and the activation of WeMo’d lights.
From this Cyber Fellows perspective this is an excellent step toward the internet of things. What I’d like to see WeMo integrated with Belkin’s Conserve devices to provide power analytics. This would then allow for an automation and control function on top of the power analytics (Air Conditioning just turned on when no one is home). I’m surprised I didn’t see this at CES even though it was there; what I did notice is the numerous devices and companies that are getting into home device automation so Belkin will need to be innovative to stay ahead of the pack in this area.
Incoming search terms:wemo hack, belkin wemo hack
I bet you are wondering “how do you get rid of trending videos on Facebook?” or even “how do you get rid of trending articles on Facebook?”
There is a way to Block or Remove Trending Videos or Block Trending Articles by managing the Applications that are causing this foolish nonsense (and compromising your privacy) simple “hack” and work around in 3 easy steps. This way you’ll be able to block, hide or get rid of trending videos or trending articles on Facebook Feed for good. SocialCam, Viddy, and other services like this merely are trying to broaden your Privacy profile and expose more of your personal information in varying degrees or steps. Their end goal is “Humanity’s Loss of Privacy.”
If you want to keep these applications but just want the Trending Articles or Trending Videos to dissapear from your Facebook feed see my method to use software on How to Remove Trending Articles from Facebook in 3 Easy Steps.
- Click “Privacy Settings” in the upper right corner.
- Click “Manage Blocking” (located to the bottom on the right of “Blocked People and Apps”)
- Type the name of the video app (Socialcam, Viddy, etc), and hit the Enter key. Repeat this for all the video and article services Trending Videos and Trending Articles use, and they will have nothing to show. Hint – if you really want that stuff you can still see it without installing the app…simply search for the name of the item in your favorite search engine. No need to expose your private information to an application that merely takes you to a video right?
If you can do more – Please help me as I raise money for St. Judes and run in the 2012 Marine Corps Marathon For Taylor (an 18 month old little girl with aggressive cancer).
Incoming search terms:trending videos on facebook, facebook trending videos, NULL, trending videos facebook, how to block videos on facebook, trending videos facebook remove, facebook trending articles turn off, block trending videos on facebook, trending videos on facebook remove, yhs-fullyhosted_003, how do you get rid of trending on facebook, trending videos
I bet you are wondering “how do you get rid of trending articles on Facebook?”
Currently Facebook does not allow you to remove the recently added Trending Articles snipet they quietly snuck into your News feed. We’ll there isn’t a Facebook method to remove it yet so rip it out of there with this simple “hack” and work around in 3 easy steps. This way you’ll be able to hide or get rid of trending articles on Facebook Feed for good.
If you don’t want to install any software check out my other article on How to Remove Trending Videos from Facebook in 3 Easy Steps.
- Install the popular browser add-on Stylish, and we will use it to remove the “Trending Articles” section from the Facebook News feed. If you are using Firefox then Install Stylish For Firefox from the official Add-On gallery. Google Chrome user can Install Stylish For Chrome from the Chrome web store.
- Now go to userstyles.org page and install “Facebook Remove Trending Articles” user-style script with your Stylish Add-on.
- You are done. Now whenever you will go to your Facebook account, you will not see the “Trending Articles” section in your News Feed.
Enjoy your Trending Articles free Facebook! Please share this and go viral against Facebook!