The Prototype Movie (2013) by Andrew Will is one of the best coming films Sci-Fi movies to look forward to in 2013. If you are not aware of my affinity for Kurzweil’s work then you aren’t paying attention and need to catch up on some reading, especially Abundance. I enjoy a good movie, but I love a great “thinking” movie, I’m hoping for the later in the Prototype movie. Look past the normal Hollywood facade.
What are your concerns when there is a fully aware Artificial Intelligence (AI) Robotic being roaming the Earth? It is not so very far off. LS3 aka “Big Dog” has been in development for years now and has a exceptionally fast cousin. Obviously being led by the defense sector this places The Prototype movie in a significant realistic setting in the next several years. Add the adaptation of technology and its blending with human capabilities, which Kurzweil discusses (think Google’s Glass Project), and you’re not so very far from his described Singularity.
The interesting component of the Prototype movie is the massive amount of work required to make these things realistic. Over the past year I’ve seen several of the leading technologies and their current status. There are so many different applications for nearly every component capability which enables a Singularity entity that the concern could be that the date at which the Singularity actually occurs will be delayed by distraction of other markets beyond that which would directly contribute to the occurrence of the Singularity.
One thing is for sure – I’m excited to see and think through the Prototype movie!
[via Kurzweil AI]
Incoming search terms:the prototype movie, prototype movie, the prototype andrew will, prototype movie 2013, the prototype 2013, download the prototype 2013 bluray, the prototype 2013 full movie download, download the prototype 2013, prototype full movie 2013, free download movie the prototype 2013, the prototype 2013 english movie download link, download the prototype andrew will
Right off the bat if you can’t tell that the Defense Information Systems Agency, or DISA, is going mobile you should probably be in another line of work (there are 11 Apple iPads pictured on the cover page).
Leveraging the CJCS’s direction to focus on continuing to create Joint Force 2020 and with the relatively new leadership in Lieutenant General Ronnie Hawkins Jr., USAF, DISA intends to focus initially on the following areas:
- Global Defense Posture – While maintaining DISA’s focus on the current fight in Afghanistan and their ongoing engagement efforts in Europe and Africa, they will adjust their operations to accommodate the Department’s shifts in global defensive posture towards the Asia-Pacific region. DISA will lead the development and operation of a layered, fault-tolerant enterprise information environment consisting of rapidly deployable components that allow for contingency operations in a full range of conflict.
- Cyber Command and Control (C2) – DISA will posture the Agency in concert with U.S. Cyber Command to expand Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) and DoD Global Information Grid Operations (DGO) mission support through evolving and innovative initiatives.
- Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) – DISA will focus attention on developing and enhancing enterprise solutions in support of national leadership and nuclear command and control.
- Joint Information Environment (JIE) – DISA will be the lead for the JIE Technical Synchronization Office (JTSO). They will enable a consolidated, collaborative, and secure JIE enabling end-to-end information sharing and interdependent enterprise services across the Department.
- DoD Cloud Services – DISA will enable rapid provisioning of services for the Department as the DoD Cloud Services Broker, and they will converge components of the enterprise for a more efficient and affordable architecture through consolidation of data centers, NetOps centers, and migration to cloud computing.
- Mobility – DISA will promote rapid delivery, scaling, and utilization of secure mobile capability leveraging commercial mobile technology to enable an agile deployment environment for new and innovative applications to support evolving Warfighter requirements.
- Acquisition Agility – DISA will employ an acquisition strategy that reduces procurement cycle times and accelerates delivery of critical capabilities. Incremental development, preplanned product improvement, and agile development will be key in our acquisition strategy.
- DISA First – DISA will serve as DoD’s early adopter for new enterprise capabilities. This will allow us to validate the capability meets the stated requirements, identify and resolve any issues with the capability, and demonstrate the operational viability of the capability
DISA’s Vision: Information superiority in defense of our Nation.
DISA’s Mission: DISA, a Combat Support Agency, provides, operates, and assures command and control, information sharing capabilities, and a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure in direct support to joint Warfighters, National level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of operations.
DISA Strategic Goal’s 2013 – 2018:
- Evolve the Joint Information Environment. Evolve a consolidated, collaborative, and secure joint information environment, enabling end to end information sharing and interdependent enterprise services across the Department that are seamless, interoperable, efficient, and responsive to joint and coalition Warfighter requirements.
- Provide Joint Command and Control (JC2) and Leadership Support. Engineer, provide, and enhance command and control (C2) and mission partner information sharing capabilities to enable decision makers with the ability to exercise authority and direction over assigned and attached forces and resources while rapidly and effectively sharing information across the strategic, operational, and tactical spectrum of operations. DISA will lead the development and evolution of JC2 capabilities used to plan and execute the full range of joint, interagency, and multinational military operations.
- Operate and Assure the Enterprise. Provide adaptive and innovative cyber/network command and control (C2) to enable responsive operations and defense of a joint and coalition enterprise information environment in a contested or degraded cyber battlespace ensuring information superiority in defense of our Nation across the full spectrum of military operations. Evolve our cyber and network operations capabilities to function under dynamic conditions responding to increasing Warfighter information requirements, increased demand for operational efficiencies, and shifts in the global defense posture. DISA must actualize a resilient and responsive operational structure with advanced technology, synchronized processes and procedures, and a highly-trained workforce that is prepared to consistently and rapidly adapt to changing circumstances and respond to crisis and contingency requirements around the world, on demand.
- Optimize Department Investments. Enable the Department to maximize use of its resources by providing cost efficient capabilities; an effective and defensible infrastructure; and standardized support services, business processes, and policies that enable the rapid infusion of technology into the enterprise.