Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominance 2013-2017: Optimizing Navy’s Primacy in the Maritime and Information Domains.
Cosigned by Vice Admiral Card (Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Dominance) and Vice Admiral Rogers (Commander Fleet Cyber Command; Commander Tenth Fleet) this strategy document lays out the Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominance.
First and foremost Information Dominance is defined as the operational advantage gained from fully integrating the Navy’s information functions, capabilities and resources to optimize decision making and maximize warfighting effects (cyber warfare).
The strategy focuses on the three fundamental Information Dominance capabilities of Assured Command and Control, Battlespace Awareness, and Integrated Fires, and sets forth the following major goals for the 2013–2017 timeframe:
- Strong and Secure Navy Command and Control;
- Assure communications paths through dynamic networking
- Manage and assure electromagnetic spectrum operation
- Build a resilient and assured C2 infrastructure that supports naval forces worldwide
- Persistent, Predictive Battlespace Awareness;
- Understand, forecast and exploit the physical maritime environment
- Manage sensor employment against prioritized intelligence requirements
- Know the adversary
- Integrate and leverage National, Joint and Coalition intelligence
- Integrated Combat Information;
- Assure C2 in all levels of conflict
- Incorporate Information Dominance-related capabilities into operational plans
- Integrate all-source information across kill chains
- Integrated Kinetic and Non-kinetic Fires;
- Advance electromagnetic capabilities
- Integrate Cyberspace operations (cyber warfare) with Fleet operations
- Information Dominance as a Warfighting Discipline.
- Incorporate Information Dominance into Navy warfighting doctrine and tactics
- Integrate Information Dominance tenets into Fleet operations
- Develop, manage, train and fully integrate the Information Dominance Corps (IDC)
In support of this Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominance, the related supporting documents include: the Navy Information Dominance Roadmap, 2013-2028; the Navy IDC Human Capital Strategy, 2012-2017; Navy Cyber Power 2020; the Naval Intelligence Strategy, 2013-2020; and, the 2013 Navy Space Strategy. Within this integrated framework, the Navy begins in earnest the process of marshaling its resources, galvanizing the workforce, and aligning Navy’s Information Dominance capabilities to fully enable the Navy’s primary tenet of Warfighting First.
[via TENTH FLEET]
Incoming search terms:navy cyber power 2020, Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominance 2013-2017, information dominance strategy, navy strategy, naval intelligence strategy, 2013 Navy space strategy, Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominane, navy information domain roadmap 2013 2028, Navy and strategy document, naval strategy for achieving information dominance, information dominance tactics, Information Dominance Strategy 2013-2017
Follow A Cyber Fellow on Twitter!
A Cyber Fellow's Reading List http://t.co/fKLHRPliII
Lowest price in a while! http://t.co/Wbw6woRAbV