Navy Information Dominance Corps Human Capital Strategy 2012-2017
IDC Human Capital Mission – Build and sustain an agile Total Force that acquires, exploits, and employs ID capabilities to achieve Navy mission requirements.
IDC Human Capital Vision – Attract, develop, and retain a cohort of highly trained and competent officers, enlisted, and civilian professionals who are fully integrated with the Navy’s combat forces, and delivering warfighting effects (including Cyber Warfare) to Naval and Joint forces across the full spectrum of military operations.
Developing and sustaining a viable and responsive Information Dominance Corps (IDC) requires a commitment to workforce planning and management processes, delivery of a Corps-wide learning continuum, and cultivation of an identifiable, inclusive Information Dominance culture and ethos. This Human Capital Strategy constitutes the first installment on that commitment and provides a structured, balanced and deliberate approach for ensuring the Navy’s IDC is qualified, ready and sustainable. It is framed on four strategic goals, each supported by a set of measurable objectives, which drive their implementation:
- Manage the Corps as a Total Force
- Develop a strategy for the effective utilization of all components of the Total Force, including a specific plan of action for the civilians across the IDC.
- Identify which ID human capital advantages are complementary to the overarching operational mission.
- Create and strengthen partnerships with centers of innovation and thought leadership within the Federal, Defense, and private sectors.
- Build Competencies through Training, Education, and Experience
- Validate IDC core competency framework and refresh the Community-specific competency models.
- Conduct competency-based training needs assessments.
- Conduct analyses to prioritize, resource, and sequence training development, modification, and repurposing efforts.
- Develop cross-functional ID career paths.
- Strategically Integrate and Align the IDC Workforce with Mission and Capability Requirements
- Define the mission requirement (duties and tasks).
- Translate mission requirements into capability requirements.
- Develop a resourcing strategy for the fulfillment of capability requirements (manpower).
- Create a Warfighting Culture (within Cyber Warfare Forces)
- Orient the total Navy workforce to the IDC mission and vision through a multi-mode, leadershipdelivered strategic communication initiative.
- Leverage kill chain concepts (integrated fires) to depict and communicate the process through which ID discipline contributes to the delivery of warfighting effects.
The Information Dominance Corps Human Capital Strategy reflects the essential value we place on people at the leading-edge of the Navy’s Information Dominance capability. It likewise reinforces the IDC’s commitment to creating an environment that capitalizes on talent, further develops expertise, advances professional careers, and promotes the fullest contribution to the ID mission. The Human Capital Strategy provides direction to the workforce and to the supporting Manpower, Personnel, Training & Education domain that ultimately drives the IDC as a profession. This strategy sets the IDC on a path towards success as information becomes a principal warfighting pillar in the Navy’s arsenal. The IDC’s success depends on agility, flexibility, and adaptability to deliver the right people with the right skills, at the right time and place, and at the best value. We are committed to leveraging the best
This IDC Human Capital Strategy supports the Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominance, additional related supporting documents include: the Navy Information Dominance Roadmap, 2013-2028; Navy Cyber Power 2020; the Naval Intelligence Strategy, 2013-2020; and, the 2013 Navy Space Strategy. Within this integrated framework, the Navy begins in earnest the process of marshaling its resources, galvanizing the workforce, and aligning Navy’s Information Dominance capabilities to fully enable the Navy’s primary tenet of Warfighting First.
[via TENTH FLEET]
Follow A Cyber Fellow on Twitter!
Exciting Movies of December 2014 http://t.co/czyY8iVGGt
Running First 50K Checklist http://t.co/ra2Q7bntqX