Navy Cyber Power 2020 (NCP 2020)
Navy Cyber Power 2020 identifies distinct qualities the Navy must possess to succeed, and introduces methods to build a relevant and extremely capable Navy Cyber warfighting force for the future. This strategy examines cyberspace operations from multiple vectors, and considers challenges and influencing factors beyond traditional operational aspects. The way we acquire systems, train cyber professionals, and choose technologies to meet our requirements directly impacts our ability to deliver credible capabilities to deter or contain conflict, and fight and win wars. Implementation and sustainment of this strategy will operationalize cyberspace with capabilities that span all warfighting domains and provide superior awareness and control when and where we need it. Executing this strategy will be hard work and will take a concerted effort at all echelons.
Navy Vision for Cyberspace Operations - The vision to achieve Navy Cyber Power 2020, is that Navy cyberspace operations provide Navy and Joint commanders with an operational advantage by:
- Assuring access to cyberspace and confident Command and Control (C2)
- Preventing strategic surprise in cyberspace
- Delivering decisive cyber effects
The focus areas and their desired End-States of Navy Cyber Power 2020 are:
- Integrated Operations -Fully integrate Navy cyberspace operations in support of achieving Joint Force objectives.
- Define Cyber Information Needs
- Evolve Doctrine and OPLANS
- Routinely Exercise and Assess
- Optimized Cyber Workforce – Drive Navy and Joint cyberspace operations with an effectively recruited, trained, and positioned workforce.
- Provide an Adaptive Navy Force Model
- Change the Culture
- Strengthen Navy Cyber Knowledge
- Technology Innovation – Leverage industry, academia, and Joint partners to rapidly update Navy cyberspace capabilities to stay ahead of the threat.
- Deliver Cyber Situational Awareness (SA)
- Lead Joint Cyber Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis
- Pilot New Technology
- PPBE & Acquisition Reform – Enhance cyber budgeting and acquisition to meet the Navy’s cyber operational needs.
- Integrate Cyber Requirements
- Integrate Cyber funding Across Navy budget
- Advance Acquisition to pace Industry
The Secretary of Defense’s strategic guidance (DSG) highlights the critical role cyberspace operations play in the success of the Joint Force across all mission areas; the documents below focus on the Cyber Warfare aspect of the DSG. The Nation’s success in the maritime domain depends upon our ability to project power and prevail in cyberspace. Navy Cyber Power 2020 strategic initiatives provide the ways and means to achieve and sustain the Navy’s advantage in cyberspace.
We will issue a supporting roadmap detailing lead and support organizations for each strategic initiative and the major actions necessary to accomplish them. However, as cyberspace evolves the Navy’s leadership will periodically assess the strategy of Navy Cyber Power 2020, to ensure it effectively guides the Navy’s efforts to maintain an operational advantage in cyberspace. Furthermore, the Navy will institute a comprehensive set of strategic performance measures to track the Navy’s progress and ensure that our actions are having the desired effect. When necessary, we will adjust course to respond to, if not anticipate, change that continues apace. Our success in cyberspace requires an “all hands” effort, from the Pentagon to the deck plate.
Navy Cyber Power 2020 supports the Navy Strategy for Achieving Information Dominance, additional related supporting documents include: the Navy Information Dominance Roadmap, 2013-2028; the Navy IDC Human Capital Strategy, 2012-2017; the Naval Intelligence Strategy, 2013-2020; and, the 2013 Navy Space Strategy. Within this integrated framework, the Navy begins in earnest the process of marshaling its resources, galvanizing the workforce, and aligning Navy’s Information Dominance capabilities to fully enable the Navy’s primary tenet of Warfighting First.
[via TENTH FLEET]
Incoming search terms:cyber strategy navy, cyberspace strategy pdf, navy cyber strategy, cyber 2020, cyber power 2020, evaluation of Navy cyberspace 2020, joint force enterprises, navy cyber forces strategic goals, Ｃｙｂｅｒ ｐｏｗｅｒ２０２０
Follow A Cyber Fellow on Twitter!
2015 Annual Goals: Q1 Review http://t.co/ZquTNhbqW4
The Great Chinese Lie About Taiwan http://t.co/QuPXPIAM0y
World Order was an exceptional book. Now on to something with a bit more grit. Reading http://t.co/0eNncatr7f
A Cyber Fellow Reading List http://t.co/fKLHRPClKI
Never stand up when you can sit down - A Cyber Fellow http://t.co/FzWzKrnLpR
Two vessels and two questions - A Cyber Fellow http://t.co/bwQcPHEtA2